Saturday, September 27, 2014

I run the Streets of this Town

Literally.

I made it my mission to explore Lincoln in the best way possible, by putting my sneakers to the pavement. I decided to explore a very specific region, only the lettered streets and only between 1st and 27th streets. It took me just under 3 months to do, but I learned a couple interesting facts about streets in the process. Here is a short list of facts.

1. Certain lettered streets don't exist. Both I Street and Z Street are absent from downtown Lincoln. I can only assume this is to avoid confusion with 1st and 2nd Street.
2. V Street does exist in Lincoln. Some people might think that V Street was simplly replaced with Vine Street, but there is also a V Street.
3. There are some really nice houses between 20th and 25th Streets on B and C Streets. It would be really nice to have a place in that area.
4. One way streets are awesome. It makes crossing the street outside of the crosswalks a whole lot easier.

With all of downtown under my belt, I think my next exercise activity will be biking to the various parks and trails in Lincoln. Hopefully the weather will stay warm for a couple more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment